Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Weekend Before Finals Week

Hey guys! So this weekend is the weekend before finals for me. For this post, I thought I'd suggest five books (one for each day of the school week) that are great reads to help you destress. Yes, you probably can't read all of these in the week, but you could probably get through one or two. They're just fun books for when you need a study break and to get away from the work for a little while!

ONCE UPON A MARIGOLD by Jean Farris. Yes, this is a juvenile fiction book. But what better way to get your mind off your schoolwork than a fun little story about true love that has princesses and trolls and castles and all that good stuff? I read this book when I was fairly young, and, since then, I've reread it as a teenager and an adult, and it just doesn't get old or lose its charm.

THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT by Jennifer E. Smith. This book just makes me smile. I read it last summer, and I absolutely fell in love with it. The characters are ok individually, but they are amazing together! Plus, it takes place in London. What better way to escape your schoolwork for a little while than traveling to London?!

I'D TELL YOU I LOVE YOU, BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU by Ally Carter. Ok, so this one isn't as lighthearted as the others, but I've read this book at least three times. It's such a fun book about a school for girl spies. There's action and romance and awesome characters. Oh, and it totally makes you want to finish the series (which I highly recommend).

CITY OF BONES by Cassandra Clare. Yep, no better way to get far away from your schoolwork than taking a stroll into Shadowhunter territory. This is one of my favorite worlds, and I definitely have used it to get away from the real world for a while. I've reread this book a few times, and it never gets old. And the rest of the series gets better and better!

THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS by Ann Brashares. What better way to prepare for summer break than following four "sisters" on their summer break adventures? This is another book I've read more than once, and it's just a good story about friendship. It has romance and great characters and feel-good vibes. There is some heartbreak in there too, so watch out! But, overall, you get that happy summery feeling that's just what you need during finals!

Ok, so there you have it! Five of my suggestions to help you destress during finals week! Good luck to all of you taking finals this week! Summer is just around the corner!

Have you read any of these? What are some of your suggestions for books to help you destress during finals week? What book(s) do you read to escape for a while?

XOXO,

Janine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment