Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan Part 3

Yesterday, I gave my thoughts on "The Sea of Monsters," which leads to today's post on "The Titan's Curse!" I'm just going to say this right now! This one is tied as my favorite of the series with "The Last Olympian." (I really liked how this series ended).

So, without further ado...

Click here for larger image
The Titan's Curse: 5/5

Summary: Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia receive a call from Grover to help him get two new demigods to Camp Half-Blood. They are attacked. Artemis and her Hunters show up, but Annabeth is captured. Afterwards, Percy Jackson and four other heroes must team up to defeat the rising Titans. This leads them across the country to California, where they find out Annabeth has been tricked into freeing Atlas and is now holding the weight of the world on her shoulders. Oh, and the Oracle has proclaimed that not all of the heroes will survive the quest.

All right, so first off I'm going to talk about the characters. A couple of new characters were introduced, whom I really liked. I really enjoyed the di Angelo siblings. I thought they were intriguing characters, and their story was really interesting. I liked getting to know Thalia better. She is such a strong but sometimes reckless character. But she has a lot of heart, and she's a really good hero. I also enjoyed that Artemis and her Hunters were brought in. That added an interesting side story that I found very intriguing. (I wanted to know more...I kind of wish there was a side mini-series where we learned more about their tales). Oh, and Zoe...Yeah, I really liked her character, and her story is amazing!

The book was fast-paced. I didn't want to put it down. I stayed up later than I intended a couple of nights (and really felt it the next morning) to finish a chapter...and then another two or three. Honestly, if you don't have much else to do, you could probably finish this book in a day. I just had schoolwork also, so it took me a little longer.

But, yeah, I can't get over how much I loved this book. And Percabeth makes its first real appearance, though it's pretty subtle. I just love them so much, and they're just adorable. I ship them like FedEx...first class priority shipping!

Ok, so that's about it. I don't want to say too much and ruin it. There's more I could say, but I think you should read it for yourself. Yeah, I'm just going to reiterate that this book is one of the best in the series by far! There's so much action, it's fast-paced, the characters are awesome, and Percabeth! Need I say more?

Tomorrow I will post my thoughts on "The Battle of the Labyrinth," which is tied for second favorite with "The Lightning Thief." I can't decide which I like better.

Have you read "The Titan's Curse?" What did you think? Who was/were your favorite new character(s)? Do you ship Percabeth? 

XOXO,

Janine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment